Saturday, October 9, 2010

What If...


What if you fall madly, deeply, hopelessly in love with your new baby?

What if he is the most amazing human being you will ever know?

What if he makes you a better person?

What if he makes your other children grow to be better people than they would have been without him in their lives?

What if you fall in love with your husband all over again for the way he fathers Bennett?

These are the things that make me say "if I knew then what I know now". I look back on my worries while I was pregnant and wish I hadn't put so much energy into them.

This was a comment I received on my blog right before I had Bennett and I was writing about my "What Ifs". And it couldn't be more true! If I knew then what I know now- if someone could have shown me this picture and said "this is what it can be like", I wouldn't have worried so much about having a child with Down syndrome.

Because yes, there are hard days but the good days far outweigh the bad. Easily.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! and this is so fitting and so true...amazing how our sweet bennett and maggie rae have changed our lives in ways we did not ever dream possible :) and love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have written those words better myself. I feel the same exact way about my daughter Emily.

    I would love to use some of this post in a future post of mine if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that comment! And the picture is precious. I also LOVE the new family picture in the header. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you sharing this times before and I love it just as much, if not more, each time I read it! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have opened my eyes in more ways than one, and for that I am forever grateful. Bennett is the cutest little boy ever, and I am glad that I found your blog and can watch him grow into the handsome young man he is sure to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish i didn't drive myself half insane when i was pregnant with Em. OH, If I only knew...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this... so very true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please post this poem and link etc all over the new DS pregnancy website!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!