Saturday, October 23, 2010

Salty and Sweet Treat!-Great for kids!!

I had these at Ainsley's fall festival at school and had to try them myself! So yummy! Your kids will have fun making these as well!

What you need: Mini pretzels, Hershey Kisses and Peanut Butter M&M's or you could use plain M&M's.
  • preheat oven to 170 degrees and spread pretzels out on baking sheet, lined with tin foil.
  • Next, place Hershey Kisses on top of pretzels.
  • put in oven for 5-6 minutes
  • after they've softened in the oven, place m&m on top of each kiss
Can you say YUM?! The salty, sweet combo is so good!

Harper can't understand why on earth it's taking Ainsley this long to pick her "perfect" one.

So she went ahead a snatched one up, I think she liked it;)

Ainsley finally chose hers and was pleased.

Two happy girls.

And what did Bennett do when I offered him one?


He gave me the classic "Bennett Pout", thank you very much. He just doesn't know what he's missing!

Try this with your kids for a fun, sweet treat!


***Edited***
Using Rolos was suggested! Must try this!


11 comments:

  1. How funny...I was just sitting here munching on chocolate covered pretzels (my fave) when I opened this post. Those look really yummy, but I need to find an allergy friendly option since my oldest can't have kisses. I usually just make plain old choc dipped pretzels around christmas time but I need to find something to jazz them up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.......love it! I have to force Rachel to try something new. Sometimes, she finds out she actually likes it. Bennett does not know what he is missing. I love these treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another version that we like to make (and eat).

    Use the windowpane pretzels, a Rolo candy, and then smash a pecan on top of it when it comes out of the oven. It kind of tastes like a turtle. I make them at Christmas and give them away.

    Your helpers/taste-testers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! Wish we were there with you to enjoy those yummy treats! It was fun seeing the priceless expressions-especially Bennett's predictable "no way am I trying THAT!"look. Love and miss you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy... I know what I'm making tonight for movie night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "pout" look.What a yummy treat, guess we will have to try it,lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just being a complete gentleman and leaving all the chocolate for the girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, its me again, I just did a post on R/R and found a little boy that looks so much like Bennett (at least to me), of course I had to put him on my blog b/c he is the cutest little thing. check him out and let me know what you think happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have just died and gone to snacking heaven. I will take a truck load please. *wink wink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're making these tonight....they sound delicious and the kids will have so much fun making them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!