Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Think They've Got It Under Control...

Bennett is finally resting! He just finished taking 3 ounces and is about to get his O2 off so he will be breathing without any assistance! He is on Morphine and Tylenol for pain and the other drug (Diazapam, I think) helped calm him down but I think the combo of the pain and sedative really helped and now he's off the sedative and the pain is under control. No more moaning! He ate great and could easily take more but we don't want to push it and it's hard to burp him without causing too much pain.

He will get a chest x-ray early tomorrow morning and if all looks good the chest tube will come out and most likely the IV's and best of all I will be able to hold my sweet little boy! Can't wait!

Everyone has said he is doing really well so hopefully we will have a shorter hospital stay- we will see. And hopefully I will be posting some pics of me holding him sometime tomorrow! Thank you so much for all of your prayers, we can't thank you enough!!

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that his pain is under control. And it sounds like he's doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is GREAT news!!!!!!! Why am I crying again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thinking of you and little Bennett.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I've been praying all day and just popped on before bed to check for an update. I teared up when I read it. Sounds like he's doing amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear! I've been checking your blog all night for updates. Praying for that short hospital stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I am totally behind the times...I had it in my head Bennett was having surgery Friday, tomorrow... and I popped on your blog today to find he had it already....I am so glad things are going so well!! Can he be any cuter in that picture where he is looking up at you right before going in for surgery???! :) He is just such a cutie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO good to hear! Thinking of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news! We have been praying for Bennett.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrienne - I missed something! Thought surgery was Friday? WOW, you are done and he is doing fantastic!! Praise God! I have been praying for you guys all week, so happy you will be able to hold him soon. Give him an extra snuggle from Parker, can't wait to see the pics of you holding him! God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bennett is making such amazing progress!!! Im so glad to hear that all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Bennett! It's so great that his pain has been managed and he's eating a little. Sounds like he's making a fine recovery already. And yay for Mom, too, for keeping us updated!

    Hugs and prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, so glad to hear everything went well. Thanks for keeping us updated. Praying for a quick easy recovery and being discharged home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I "met" you on BabyCenter. I've been following Bennett's progress and just wanted to say we're praying for you all. My baby girl has Down syndrome and a complete AV Canal Defect too. She's only 4 weeks old, but surgery is in the not-so-distant future. It really helps me to read about your journey. Best wishes. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!