Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I received my first Blog award!!

Today I was given this lovely award, The Lemonade Award by Bethany at Life with...Bubba, Chicky and Nika! "This award is for those who show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE!"

Bethany nominated me because"... Adrienne and her husband recently learned that the baby they are expecting, a little boy, has Down syndrome. I know all too well how hard it is to deal with a diagnosis and I completely admire Adrienne for all that she is experiencing right now. I am anxious to follow their journey as they welcome their third child ... and their first son ... into this world, extra chromosome and all."

Thank you Bethany, this is very sweet and it's so nice to know that there are people out there that are going through or have gone through the same situation and are willing to offer help, advice or just a shoulder to cry on.

So now it is my turn- here are the instructions... If you are given the award, then put the logo on your blog or post. Next, nominate at least 5-10 which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE! Be sure to link to your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

So I nominate...

Kelly at Kelly's Korner ...Kelly just had her first baby, a girl named Harper-absolutely adore the name btw:) and little Harper came into the world with some medical issues that has required her to be in the NICU for several weeks now. This story is close to my heart because my first was in the NICU and it is so hard to watch your little baby with all of the wires and machines when all you want to do is hold them. Kelly has had a wonderful attitude through out Harper's entire stay. Kelly also dealt with fertility issues so little Harper is truley her miracle baby and her great faith in God as helped her through this journey. She has so many followers who pray for her and her husband and Harper every day and I know she is so thankful for each and every one of them. I can' t wait until she brings little Harper home and can dress her in all the fun outfits she has waiting for her!


Kenzee at The Andersons...Kenzee and her husband Derek have a 7 month old, Gage who has Down syndrome. Gage also had open heart surgery back in December and Kenzee has had such a wonderful attitude about everything her family has been through. Imagine having your first baby and finding out he has Down syndrome and that he would need heart surgery at just 5 months of age! You are already nervous about having a baby for the first time and then you've got to deal with the emotional roller coaster of receiving a diagnosis of DS and on top of that heart surgery. Talk about emotionally draining! Kenzee is so proud of her little boy and she should be, he has been through so much at such a young age and he has been so strong! I'm looking forward to following The Andersons on their journey with Gage!

Darlena at The Lehnick Family...Darlena and her husband have 3 children, their youngest, Brayden has Down syndrome and like me, Darlena had a prenatal diagnosis almost 1 year before we found out. I admire Darlena's attitude as she raises three children and all the challenges that come with that. I like how she shows Brayden's progress at his PT appointments and also focuses on her other children's accomplishments as well because that is so important I think- to make sure you are giving your other children the time they deserve as well. Just keeping it all together with a good attitude is what Darlena does!

Jennie at A Little Something Extra For Us...I just came across this blog and like me, Jennie had a prenatal diagnosis of DS with her youngest, Micah. She started blogging right after she found out, like me and I love her attitude during her entire pregnancy and once the baby came. I have not read all over her blog but let's face it, I'm naturally going to be attracted to a blog that "has been in my shoes" almost exactly. Seems like we shared the same feelings and the fact that Micah was in the NICU, again I can relate. I'm seriously beginning to think Ainsley's NICU stay was our prepartion for this next one but I'm trying to stay positive about that. Anyways, it seems that Micah has had some medical issues (again, I have not read it entirely) but Jennie is still thankful for what she has and has been given from what I can gather. This is why I think Jennie has a great attitude and has shown much gratitude in her story.

Holly at Caring for Carleigh... Holly's blog is truly insirational in that her attitude of what she is going through is amazing! Holly's unborn daughter Carleigh has been diagnosed with Anencephaly-this I copied from her blog: The prognosis for individuals with anencephaly is extremely poor. If the infant is not stillborn, then he or she will usually die within a few hours or days after birth. So most would terminate-let's just face it but Holly has amazing faith and love for God and she has chosen to not take it into her own hands and let God take over. So thank you Holly for letting us follow you on this difficult journey that you are taking- so many people will learn from it!

Honestly, all of the blogs I follow are amazing and the moms that write about their lives all have inspirational stories. I wish I knew all of them in person! All of them deserve an award for just putting their lives out there. When I first found out about our baby these blogs are what made me realize it's going to be okay. Even if they had nothing to do with Down syndrome. The strength that these families have and the stories that are so uplifting have made me want to do the same- inspire or help someone else who may be going through tough times.



2 comments:

  1. OH...thanks so much Adrienne...this is so neat...I will have to post mine a little later today and do my nominations...I'm like you..I would love to meet all of the blog owners that I follow...everyone is truly inspiring. BTW Love the blog makeover you have done...Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. But I don't feel worthy at all to be in the company of the other blogs you listed. They sound like amazing mothers! I can tell you are as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!