Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Update On My Dad...

My sister just called and said the surgery went well and my dad is in recovery. Before they removed the melanoma they injected the site to see if it has spread to his lymph nodes. We should have those results next week.

The surgeon came to talk to my mom after he was finished and told her that he did not see anything suspicious but we would need to wait and see. He also told her that he knew a lot of people were praying for my dad and that he was too! He told her God is sovereign and he has His hands on all of this. When my sister told me that I was just amazed. Not that doctors can't be Christians or believe in God but to come out and say that, it really comforted my mom and the rest of us to say the least. I've been in situations when doctors come to talk to you about a loved one (Ainsley and Bennett in particular) and I've never had a doctor say something like that so to me, that really means a lot.

My sister and I were worried that my mom would be at the hospital alone (we live no where near my parents) but we should have known they would have a whole crowd of people there supporting her and my dad. Thanks to all those that came today, my parents are so blessed to have such wonderful people in their lives.

Thank you so much for your prayers. It means a lot to us as we don't take melanoma lightly in our family and no cancer should be taken lightly. I will keep you posted in the next week what the outcome is.

Love you sooooo much dad!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hope the results come back clear and you can all move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear things went well and what a great doctor...it is so comforting to hear words spoken like that from the professional...will continue to pray all goes well with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, we will be praying for perfect test results! amazing about the Dr., a gift from God to your Mom and family! Love when "God is speaking" thru others! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome update. What a blessing to have that doctor. Will keep praying for great test results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear the surgery went well and that the doctor was so WONDERFUL!!! thinking of you, your mom, dad & sister and praying for the best news possible when you get more results next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that your Dad's surgery went well and that his doctor is a Christian. What a blessing!

    He will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be thinking of you all and praying for happy news. It sounds like he is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I know you are so thankful for the friends that were with your Mom and Dad. Praying that the results come back negative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that the surgery went well. What a comfort for your mom and dad to have a surgeon who knows that God is the one in control.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!