...It just took us over an hour to get out of the house! Getting ready to go went something like this:
- Feed Bennett
- Change Bennett's Diaper
- Pump, because Bennett tends to do better with a bottle
- Allow Ainsley to pick out swim suits and then argue with her about the fact that the suit she picked doesn't really fit her anymore and it is now Harper's.-(she won this battle)
- Decide which suit best covers the almost 20 pounds I still need to lose-none of them do! (My cover up stayed on the entire time!)
- Do I need to shave? Oh, forget it!
- Change Harper's Diaper
- Apply sun block on the girls and me
- Change Harper's Diaper, again
- Change Bennett's Diaper, again
- Pack pool bag with diapers, wipes, towels, sun block, toys, goggles, Dora and Barbie kick boards (of course!), sun glasses, swimmies, swim vest, snacks
- Try to get Ainsley to go to the bathroom
- Take the dogs out
- Get directions to the pool
- Pack car with chair, bag, stroller and kids
No, those are not all of our toys- we bring 3 small toys and they end up playing with all the other toys that are there instead.See what I mean about the suit? Barely covers her top!
Bennett was easy- he even looks like he may be smiling in his sleep! I have a little fan attached to his car stroller and he seemed very comfortable!
Yes, I broke down and got them popsicles, anything to get Harper sitting in one place so I could rest a little!
So the good thing about this pool is that my friends go there so there is always someone around that can keep an eye on your child while you're tending to another. I seriously don't know how people do it with more than 3 and then when you have 3 that are all moving but can't swim, I don't even want to think about it! I'll deal with that when the time comes I guess. I love being a mom!