- roll both ways and is starting to continue to roll to move across the room
- starting to push up on his arms to get his tummy off the floor
- shake toys and rattles rather ferociously-quite funny to watch him shake his little car seat toy-he makes this serious face and really gets into it
- working on sitting independently- this could take some time though
- hold a crawling position with knees on floor, tummy off the floor and arms straight momentarily-this is just so cute!
- working on putting weight on his legs-he loves doing this and just giggles when he's bounced up and down
- working on eating solids-he seems to like it for the most part
- working on holding his bottle
Bennett will be getting a hearing test this month (recommended for babies with DS at 6 months and 1 year) as well as an eye exam. Both the eyes and ears can be issues with kids that have DS so we need to stay on top of it. He will also be getting his thyroid tested-again another issue that can arise... I know, it's a lot but you know, it's not that bad and I'll do anything for this little boy. I was prepared for some of the extra things that come along with having a child with Down syndrome so I'll just go with the flow. I just can't believe he had open heart surgery over 3 months ago! Oh I'm just so thankful he's doing so well right now.
Happy 6 months!!!