These were my family's symptoms: (remember-we never got proof of Ainsley testing positive because the swab was "lost" or not good enough, so we don't know for sure that she had it but since we all got what she had and now Bennett tested positive, it's pretty much a given)
Ainsley: (her symptoms were not bad at all)
- woke up coughing-went back to bed
- woke up later with a low fever (however-and this was my down fall-I used an ear thermometer and her temp was never above 101 but I think ear temps can be off a little so hers could have been higher)
- woke up saying her tummy hurt but never said it again
- Next day fever was gone but would return to a low (ear reading though) temp around 100 throughout the day.
- still coughing some sneezing
- decreased appetite some
- also tested positive for strep throat and treated for that
- Temp got up to 102 once (ear again though-I am so mad at myself for thinking they were fine because they had lower temps!!)
- watery eyes
- didn't eat as much but still drank a lot and ate some
- fever lasted on and off for 4 days but ear temp consistently said 99 so I thought it was a very low fever.
- She was treated for strep as well.
- Same as Harper but I had chills and then I would be sweaty but every time I checked my temp (ear) it was 97-98. So I thought I didn't have a fever.
- I do have asthma and I have started to wheeze some which I do when I have a cough like this.
- Same as Harper and I
None of us were on Tamiflu because we didn't know we had it. Everyone is on the mend -no fevers for a few days but now my sweet Bennett has it and I just can't believe it. His symptoms started late yesterday when I noticed a little congestion and then today it was all of the sudden a fever of 100 (rectally) and the congestion was worse. So I took him in and I was able to see the doctor I liked. Turns out that my insurance allows for a lab to come directly to the office to pick up the swab and test it and will have results within hours. The doctor I saw today had no idea what happened last week. She called me at 12:30 am to tell me that Bennett tested positive and that she had just received the call. I was very thankful for her to do that. She said she will be calling to check on him daily and wants to know how his breathing sounds. She sounded exhausted. They are getting slammed with swine flu.
So learn a lesson from me. The symptoms don't have to be that bad for it to be swine. I'm just so glad I took Bennett in at the first sign of a fever and we got the results back quick this time. And I'm so thankful that Ainsley and the rest of us dealt with it okay. I'm hoping my asthma is not an issue.
I have no idea what Halloween is going to be like now. I'm just praying the girls can have their fun now that they are feeling better and Bennett will continue to eat and get the rest he needs.
Sorry if this post is all scrambled, I just wanted to get it out there and ask for your prayers. Thank you!