Monday, May 24, 2010

A "Crabby" Birthday Party-Part 2 (The Important Stuff!)

So now the important part of the party-friends and cake pictures!


Our friends Scott and Alex showed up in these cute crab hats-lol-this couple is hilarious! The kids loved these!
In the garage making our crab craft. Can I just tell you that this was not in my plan either, to be in the garage for the craft and we did a major overhaul of the garage (it was a disaster!) right before the party-talk about stress!
All the kids with their crabs!


For the record, I did not purchase my shirt for the party-LOL! I actually already had it and it was just one of those things that worked perfectly-love it when that happens!;) Now on to the cake...

Eagerly anticipating his cake-Ha!


Umm, what is that mom?


DO NOT try to make me smash it because that's not happening! And I know it's not a toy!

So after several attempts to get Bennett just to touch his cake, I fed a little to him with a spoon (we have some self feeding issues we're working on:)) He's thinking about it and touching it in this pic.

And...no, he's not having it-here comes the pout!

More pouty lip.

I must add that Bennett uses his pouty lip quite often now, however that's all it usually takes and he knows it-no need to all out cry, just show them the lip and they'll stop. The girls scream too loud-pouty lip. Something startles him-pouty lip. A stranger approaches-pouty lip. Mommy feeds him something he doesn't approve of- pouty lip, you get the idea but it's so darn cute!



Here I'm saying "lets try a cupcake Bennett!" -thinking maybe he would like the buttercream icing better. Just look at him look at that cupcake-pouty lip is about to make it's appearance once again! And again... no, he wasn't having it. Everything really was good Jeannie, don't be offended by Bennett's pouty lip;)


And the chaos of all the kids wanting their own piece of cake and Bennett smiling now that the pressure was off of him!

We then opened presents and Bennett loved this but most of the pictures are of him swarmed by little girls and covered in tissue paper, like this one...

So funny!
Here we are after opening all his gifts- he was a happy little boy!

Thanks again to all our friends for the wonderful gifts and for helping us celebrate Bennett's 1st birthday! And thanks to all of you that join us from afar in computer land-you've watched Bennett grow this past year as well and we appreciate all your sweet comments and encouragement!


18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bennett!
    Adrienne the party looks great, you did an amazing job! Your family and Bennett's party was in my dreams last night. Wierd huh?! We've never met but yet I feel like I know all of you. I have been following your journey with Bennett since my prenatal diagnosis with Kaitlyn. I've enjoyed watching Bennett grow over this first year. Thank you so much for sharing your story and your family. It's been a pleasure following along from up in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm so out of the loop with my blog reading! I just LOVE these pictures!! I can totally understand how you feel about having to move to plan B, but it looks like you all had a GREAT time...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNETT!! Can't wait to see you again! :)

    HUGS to all of that cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Lucas would not touch his cake let alone smash it and he wouldn't eat it either! But good news is he is now eating cake and all kinds of table foods, Bennett will get there too!

    You truly have a beautiful family. Glad you all had fun despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast! Such a darling little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne, your party looks unbelievable! Rain or not it must has been wonderful. Everything looked great! I love the lip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Happy Birthday little buddy!
    What a great first year it has been for you and your family...we have enjoyed watching you grow Bennett, and can't wait to see what you do next;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a happy (plan B) birthday Bennett!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little party and a darling theme! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun party! Hope you had fun Bennett! I can't believe he is ONE already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was out of town for a baby shower this morning and missed getting on the computer to wish Bennett a happy first birthday... happy first birthday (belated), Bennett :) Your party looks like so much fun and I laughed out loud at the pictures and description of your pouty lip!!!! so funny and cute and such a GREAT pouty lip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Bennett! I love that little pouty lip of yours. Sounds like you have it mastered if there's no tears required. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great birthday party. The crab theme is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jack does the pouty lip too...works every single time!

    Happy Birthday Bennett!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a FUN party! The crab theme is way cute. So funny that he didn't like his cake! oh my!
    Oh well, that's probably a good thing =)
    Can't wait for our outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy! What a blessing your first year has been to our family....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like it was an AMAZING day for one AMAZING little boy!! Thanks for sharing Bennett's day with us......it has been such a joy watching him grow this past year:) Looking forward to what the next year will bring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fabulous party! Happy belated birthday Bennett!

    I love the pouty lip too...so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute!!! I love the crabby theme.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!