Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Easter Tradition!

I recently got this recipe from another mom (who happens to have eight kids and is the most organized, crafty, on top of things mom I know-honestly, I don't know how she does it) and it's a definite keeper!! I had to share! These are perfect to make with your kids and then devour over Easter break. I'm telling you, if you like chocolate, peanut butter or coconut you will fall in love with these...

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
(they taste like they're right out of the candy store!):
1 (16 oz) package confectioner sugar
1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons butter-softened
5 tablespoon milk
24 oz package of almond bark

In mixing bowl combine peanut butter and butter. Add conf. sugar and milk (as needed) until blended. Mixture is slightly dry, but should hold together nicely when you form eggs (I had to put mine in the fridge for a bit to get it a little firmer. Freeze eggs for 1 hour.

So while the peanut butter was in the fridge
the girls decided to turn the music up and dance!

Okay, back to business-

While formed eggs are freezing melt the almond bark by preferred method on package. Stick a fork or skewer into the top of the egg and dip it in the melted choc to cover. Set on wax paper to cool. Decorate with sprinkles before chocolate dries.


YUM!
Enjoy!-My girls did:)

Here is the recipe (just as easy) for the chocolate covered coconut eggs- these are my favorite and I'm not a huge coconut fan!! Yes, I will have to add some time to my runs this week after eating all of these but they are totally worth it-LOL!

Chocolate covered coconut eggs:
1 (15oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioner sugar
12 oz sweetened flake coconut
1 package almond bark

In mixing bowl combine cond. milk, butter and sugar until blended. Add coconut until blended. Cover with wax paper and chill for 24 hours or 1 hour in freezer, stirring after 30 min. Roll into egg shapes and keep cold.

Melt the almond bark according to package. Microwave works well. (We did in in a crock pot and then we dipped the eggs in there- very easy-) Dip eggs into chocolate using a fork or skewer. Drop onto wax paper to cool. Decorate with sprinkles, almonds, etc before chocolate dries.


6 comments:

  1. I should not have read this post - you know I have to make those tomorrow now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks soooo yummy !!! Thanx for sharing !! Awesome pictures too.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look delicious! I need to try those out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Looks like the girls are loving your Easter confections! How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! My son LOVES peanut butter. Thanks for sharing. The photos are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I was just GIGGLING when I saw the picture of the girls dancing! That is hysterical and fun! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I might have to try that one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!