Thursday, May 17, 2012

Something to think about...

With Bennett's birthday just around the corner, the last 3 years have been running through my head or actually the last 3.5 years.  3.5 years ago we found out that Bennett had Down syndrome.  He wasn't even born yet but some tests came back "abnormal" and just like that Down syndrome came into our lives.  Like many women that find out before their baby is born, I had options.

Let me tell ya,  I am so, so thankful that the Holy Spirit nudged me and reminded me that the only option was life.



My friend Erin who is an awesome mom and photographer had this on her facebook page and she said I could share it.  This is Grady.

Wow.  

Imagine if Erin had followed her doctors advice.  Thank the good Lord she didn't.

We've met little Grady by the way....



He came all the way down from New York and wanted to stop by;)  Instant buds.


Just two sweet boys that deserve life like everyone else.

Thank you Erin for this powerful message. Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! Happy Birthday to sweet Bennett too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those hugs! thanks for sharing - both you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet message, and I love the photos of the boys together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. All of it. Thank you for sharing your journey, and many wishes to Bennett for a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 100% pro-life. However, I can understand a doctor presenting that option if the baby is terminal. (I still think abortion is wrong and could not do it, but I understand their reasoning.) But Down Syndrome is NOT terminal!!! Such a travesty and an injustice! I feel so sorry for the parents that follow such advice~ they will miss a HUGE blessing!!!
    Bennett, Grady, and their peers are so precious! The sweetest love I get comes from a little boy at my school with Downs. Every time I see him, he says, "Come here," pulls me down to his level and kisses my cheek. I just love him to pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HoLY SmoKEs can you believe 3!! where has the time gone! yeah for great choices!! life would be dull without our little ones!! love the pix..and cannot wait to see pix of BIG B's birthday party! smiles

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!