Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend!

Another of 4th of July has gone by and this year was a little different from last...
here's little Bennett, just 6 weeks old last year and we were all nervously awaiting his surgery date. I think I constantly checked him for symptoms of heart failure and was sure he would get sick.
But here is my happy and healthy boy this year!
Bennett LOVES the camera and it's always easy to get a smile out of him! {and I must say Harper is getting better at her smiles!}




Okay, so he didn't want to smile much with his pirate gear on. We had a pirate treasure hunt for the big kids and Bennett was our baby pirate;)
Nope, he didn't like it too much. But the other kids loved it! Ainsley and Harper had the best time with their cousins Micah and Ty (my sister's kids), fishing, riding the jet ski, swimming, zip lining, playing pirates and basically just being kids.
I finally got Bennett to like his float and he enjoyed just cruising around the pool, watching the big kids jump in all around him.
Here's my sister and her cute little family. We don't get to see them very often so it was great visiting with them and I can't believe how big our kids are getting!

My parents were busy the entire time cooking, playing with the kids and making sure everyone was having a good time so I didn't get a ton of pictures of them;( but thanks again mom and dad for hosting another 4th of July vacation for us!!

8 comments:

  1. so precious!

    i remember reading back in one of your posts either right before or after Bennett was born, and you were concerned about him looking... well... i can't remember how you put it. it was something about the DS features and not looking like "your" child.

    and honestly, although you can tell he has DS, he looks a LOT like his siblings! he's so cute, and i think you can definitely see similarities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my boys swam nonstop all weekend! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a year makes indeed!So darn cute,both pictures but this year,would you look at the chuck on that boys legs ... could just eat them up!

    Nothing compares to family time.Seems as though,for me at least,since having Zoey,I have learned to appreciate family time all the more.She has given the gift of perspective and cherishing being together,happy and healthy,knowing our lives,in this moment, is what truly matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. Such cute outfits! I love the pic of him in the pool, he looks so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute outfits and love the pool shot of B. He is so cute with kissable cheeks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures!! Sounds like you had a great holiday. Bennett is so much bigger now and keeps getting cuter by the minute - love that smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love seeing your pretty family!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!