Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Reason For The Season....

Well we've got just 3 more days until the big day! The girls are sooo excited and Harper can often be heard saying: "It takes too long to get to Christmas!" And Ainsley: "I just don't know if I can wait that long."-LOL

With much of the focus being on presents, Santa Claus, decorations, parties, Christmas movies, etc. I try to (several times a day) remind the girls of why we celebrate Christmas in the first place....

We (meaning our family and yours, if you happen to believe what we believe) must stop, amongst all the hustle and bustle, the stress, the festivities- the craziness of the holidays and reflect on what it's all about.

My very favorite Christmas song has always been "Little Drummer Boy". Sit and listen to the words. A poor boy plays his drum for the King of Kings because that's all he had to offer Him and then....

Jesus smiled at him.


For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given....And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Don't forget the reason for the season!

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about reminding about them true reason for christmas. I feel like every day I am saying something like "remember what we are really celebrating" My girls are into giving this year which makes me happy. I love the thought process of what they pick out for each person in the family.

    Loved the NY pictures SO JEALOUS!!!we did AG in Atlanta 1 1/2 yrs ago and the girls had a blast

    merry christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Adrienne! Thanks for the nice reminder and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time we hear that song on the radio, Piper chimes in - this is the song about Jesus! - Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove your blog! And I love to follow it because both our babes were born in may well mine at the wee end :) Thanks for making your blog It really helps new mommas like me! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family and an extra merry for Bennett from our little Tyce.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!