Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bennett Can Feed Himself...

Well, sorta. Still no progress with finger feeding other than picking up a blueberry a few weeks ago and trying to put it in his mouth... but he can use his spoon... sorta;) He's working on it and just needs to realize he has to put it back in the bowl and scoop up more! I will say I'm happy that at least he's not throwing it on the floor like he's done in the past. But I don't think my girls were using a spoon at 15 months- probably because I didn't want the mess-LOL. But with Bennett, I have to let him try. So here he is trying to use his spoon to eat some very lumpy chicken parmesan, cottage cheese and pears-yummy!

As far as the self feeding goes, I'm on the waiting list at two places and hoping to hear back from another feeding therapist about his non-self feeding issues.


13 comments:

  1. He's doing great! Jack attacks the bowl if I let him get close...you inspired me to see what would happen if I just sit back and let hiim lead the experience. I did just mop yesterday though....hmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed. I need to work on this with Luc, he can self feed with his hands but not with a spoon. Good job Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Bennett! Mommy, how do you come up with combinations? I really need help in that department!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that! Way to go Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY BENNETT!! Look at what an awesome job he is doing! And with all that texture in the food. He's getting, Adrienne! How exciting!
    Do you care to share where in the world you got the awesome placemat with spoon/food catcher?
    In Him,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really neat to see! I'm especially excited as I have a 12-month old little girl with DS and am working with similar feeding issues - hates texture, won't feed herself...etc. I keep wondering if she'll eat Stage 2 foods from mommy forever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - that is fantastic!!! I think I need to start letting Max hold a spoon more often while he eats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive! Way to go Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG Bennett! You are rocking the spoon feeding! I just said today I needed to let Parker try this! Put the socks on B's hands with the thumb and forefinger cut out..I am telling you working with the socks and he will be self feeding!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! Way to go Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Bennett !! So proud of him !!!!!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not too bad!!!! Yay Bennett!!!! I am impressed!!!! Olivia is not into the spoon yet. She is into the fork. And she is good enough with her fingers if the food doesn't get completely smushed in her hands. Puffs are great, and she likes to feed herself little pieces of broccoli. Olivia is a veggie lover!!! Olivia wants to know if Bennett will take her to the Prom! He is the cutest boy ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!