Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"In my mind I'm goin to Carolina..."

"Can't you see the sunshine.." Today was probably the first day I was really missing the South (North Carolina that is). It was in the 60's today and we actually got to play outside and we could see grass! We even got to speak to some of our neighbors. Everyone has come out of hibernation, briefly, enjoying the spring like weather. I say briefly because I think we are expecting snow again this weekend!

People always ask how I like the weather change from N.C. and honestly I love the snow because growing up we always had snow and once I moved to S.C. and then N.C. with Mike we rarely saw it so we are loving even the tiniest bit! But days like these take me back to the beautiful Springs that N. C. has- I used to hang my ferns on my porch near the end of March and the girls would play out back or in the driveway for hours. We took walks around the neighborhood. It's just been too cold here to do that and I know it will get warm eventually, just a little bit later in the year. I was just having a nice nostalgic moment while watching Ainsley and Harper play with their toys without coats, gloves and hats!

I took some pictures of the girls and they thoroughly enjoyed the warm weather as well. I'm just so glad Bennett will be here when it's warm outside and we will hopefully be able to take walks with him and go to the park. Hope everyone else is enjoying this warm spell during the cold months of Winter!


Ainsley wrote her name all by herself! Well, except for the S and the Y.


Jump Rope!


Harper just checking herself out in the mirror



Very important phone call



Just chatting with a friend




5 comments:

  1. You won't be missing the south in the dead of summer! :)
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I love spring and fall in NC, but the summers are too hot! We went to the park on Sunday. If only we had this weather when I am off during the summers. Thank goodness the beach isn't too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in the south and I am missing it something aweful! I always love your pictures, the girls look like they were having a blast!

    I wanted to let you know about the T21 Travelling Afghan Project! I hope you will consider participating and I would appreciate it if you could help spread the word! Thanks!

    http://littlemisse21.blogspot.com/2009/02/t21-travelling-afghan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I'm another mother who has a child with a little something extra :)

    My son's name is Joey and he will be 3 years old in March. We also found out prenatally and wouldn't change a single thing about him! He's perfect!

    Your daughters are simply adorable and I can't wait to see the newest addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!