Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday....

pleated poppy


Now before we get started on the real stuff (promise there are real outfits in this post!), I've been asked what I wear when I'm cleaning the house or when I'm working on projects/crafts around the house.  Ya'll should know that I'm not always "dressed", meaning that I look presentable.  I work out most days and many days I stay in the same gross, sweaty clothes all day long.  Yep, I sure do, just keeping it real.  Especially if I'm going to be cleaning the house or working on some craft.



So here are just a few examples of what I look like quite often and I go to stores looking like this, my kid's schools, etc.  It's not my pajamas but I'm not too sure you'd want to come within 5 feet of me;).  Here we go and we're takin' it outside....

 See, not so pretty;0
Well we need to do this the right way soooo...
Jacket:  Target-champion brand
Top:  Under Armour- I'm thinking Dicks
Shoes: Asics
Pants:  Lululemon- quite possibly the BEST workout clothes EVER!  The fit is amazing and everything is super comfy.  Seriously, if you're into working out, you must check this store out but it is pricey.  

But I don't always spend a lot on workout wear...
Top:  Target junior section-size XL-lol-I think it was $12- sometimes shopping in sections that you otherwise have no business shopping in can work in your favor!
Shorts:  Marshalls-$15 for a decent pair of running shorts {little underwear are included-I hate when I look at running shorts and the little underwear aren't in there, what is that?!  Who would run in shorts like that?!} Anyways, you can't beat $15;)
Shoes:  Nike- Dicks

Alright, so onto the more presentable outfits that I wore...

Church!
Dress:  Target
Sweater:  Target
Boots:  DSW
Necklace:  Target

Sweater:  Target
Skirt:  Gap outlet
Shoes:  Target
Scarf:  Target
So if you're going to wear little booties with a skirt, the skirt has to be shorter.  You can't wear a skirt that comes to or just above your knees or you'll looked like you been chopped in half.  It just doesn't work.  It's not flattering. So either shorter skirt or shorts with tights or keep these shoes for jeans and pants.

Shirt:  TJ Maxx
Pants:  J-Crew- (These are probably 15 years old!  Found them in my closet- don't ever get rid of anything from J-Crew because it rarely goes out of style!)
Shoes:  Old converse- think I got them from Marshall's several years ago but they probably still have them because Converse doesn't go out of style either.
Necklace:  Local boutique
Belt:  Target- every girl needs an animal print skinny belt because it goes with just about anything and makes a simple outfit a bit more fun-IMO.


Sweater:  J-Crew
Shirt-J- Crew
Corduroy Skinny Jeans:  Target
Shoes:  Target
Necklace:  Vestique
I love wearing unexpected pops of color in the fall!



7 comments:

  1. Omgoodness I don't feel so bad anymore, I was like how does she have time to dress so amazingly awesome everyday ;-) Anyway, totally get ya on the whole workout clothes thing, I work out most morning and then I just go about my day sometimes I have time to shower...sometimes not :-0! Never tried Lululemon, going to have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got that striped dress from Target too. I love how you styled it. I haven't worn mine yet.

    At least workout clothes are inspiring...I mean, when I see someone all outfitted to hit the gym or the pavement, I get little twinges of guilt that make me go home and lace up my sneakers, so that is good. ;-)
    ~FringeGirl

    thedomesticfringe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you are my style icon! I love your outfits! And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who runs around in workout clothes! I think my favorite is the old J Crew pants with the sneakers and blue shirt! So cute and looks super comfy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to come to Minnesota to dress me. So cute and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your church outfit and your bright colors + leopard are both killing me. I seriously love this stuff; your colors are really amazing. :)
    - Stopping by from linkup at Pleated Poppy!
    www.theopinionatedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've seriously become a BIG fan of your "what i wore wednesdays". i love your preppy and colorful sense of style...you're making this 25 y/o feel a little out of date ;) i guess that's a good excuse to start hopping on the "shopping" bandwagon. my fiance will be sure to thank you for that later.

    - kathy from www.ohyessheblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just LOVE your style! after seeing that last picture, i marched right to our j. crew and bought the shirt and the sweater. so ready for fall now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!